- Earn high rewards on several areas of spending
- Transfer points to travel partners at 1:1 rate
- Many travel and shopping protections
- Annual fee
- No intro APR offer
- Best travel rewards are only for bookings through Chase
At a Glance
- Annual fee of $95
- A generous welcome offer: 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3 points per dollar on dining and 2 points per dollar on all other travel purchases and one point per dollar on all other eligible purchases. Plus, through March 2022 you’ll earn a total of 5 points per dollar on Lyft rides
- 10% anniversary points bonus
- Annual $50 credit on hotel stays booked through Chase Travel
- Rewards can be redeemed for travel at a 25% increase in value booked through Chase or for eligible categories using the Pay Yourself Back feature
- 1:1 point transfer to select airline and hotel travel partners including United and Hyatt
- Redeem for cash back or gift cards where points are worth 1 cent each
- No foreign transaction fees
- No introductory APR offers
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
Introduction of Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is a top-notch choice when it comes to travel cards. That’s because it could be a good fit for both points and country miles beginners and award maximizing experts.
For a soft-on-the-portmanteau periodic price label of$ 95 you’ll earn 5 points per bone on a trip bought through Chase Ultimate Prices ®, 3 points per bone on dining, and 2 points per bone on all other trip purchases, and one point per bone on all other eligible purchases. Plus, through March 2022 you will earn an aggregate of 5 points per bone on Lyft lifts.
Those are easy-to-condensation earnings that someone just dipping their toe in trip prices is likely to be suitable to manage. But the card also offers some plush extras that appeal to indeed more educated prices wranglers, like a 25 increase in value when you use your prices for trip reserved through the Chase Travel center and a$ 50 periodic credit on hostel stays bought through Ultimate Prices. That’s the kind of price redemption value that nearly anyone who ever plans a trip beyond their frontal door can appreciate.
Top it off with the capability to transfer your points to over a dozen trip mates, like United and Hyatt, for potentially indeed more value and some notable trip protections and insurances, to charge.
Not to be overlooked is Chase’s Pay Yourself Back program, which allows you to redeem your prices at a 25 increase in value ineligible orders. This means if your trip plans are indefinitely on hold, the Sapphire Preferred’s prices may still be used at an increased value to neutralize your everyday spending. Note that the orders may change over time.
Away from the implicit 25 increase in redemption value, there’s another prices-maximizing trick with this card If you strategically pair it with another complimentary Ultimate price- earning card, like the Chase Freedom Flex ℠ or Chase Freedom Unlimited ®, you can combine all of your points together and redeem them at the Sapphire Preferred’s elevated value.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card Benefits
There are many benefits of Chase Preferred Credit Card –
Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
Still, you can be refunded up to$ 10, 000 per person and$ 20,000 If your trip is canceled or cut short by a covered situation.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Decline the rental company’s collision insurance and charge the entire reimbursement cost to your card. Coverage is primary and provides payment up to the factual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for utmost rental buses in theU.S. and abroad.
Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account.
Extended Warranty Protection
Extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year, on eligible warranties of three years or less.
Trip Delay Reimbursement
If your common carrier travel is delayed more than 12 hours or requires an overnight stay, you and your family are covered for unreimbursed expenses, such as meals and lodging, up to $500 per ticket.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Must be activated by Dec. 31, 2021.
The Fine Print
- Regular APR: 15.99%-22.99% Variable
- Purchase Intro APR: N/A
- Balance Transfer Intro APR: N/A
- Annual Fee: $95
- Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Cash Advance: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.
- Foreign Purchase Transaction Fee: $0